Find sales manager job description, sales manager jobs in london, sales manager jobs in the uk, sales manager job responsibilities, sales manager salary and more
Job Title: Sales Manager
Section: Sales Team
Core Objectives: As with any sales occupation, the role involves sales planning, motivation, man management, leadership and support.
Main Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities:
– Meet your targets and those of the team as a whole
– Ensure the smooth running of the section and its team
– Contribute to training and development of the section
– Achieve maximum profitability and growth in accordance with organisation plans
– Recruitment of team members, subject to agreed criteria
– Train and motivate individual team members to ensure targets are met
– Manage performance and development of team members
– Develop plans for team sales activities to include sales strategy to achieve agreed targets, penetrate new markets
– Prepare and agree presentations
– Delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review
– Control expenses to meet agreed budgetary controls
Adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
This is a 9 to 5 job. However you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets
Essential abilities/Competencies of this job role:
– Planning and organisation skills
– An eye for figures
– Language skills
– Good understanding of customer and market requirements and dynamics
– Ability to work under pressure
– Project management
Qualifications sufficient to perform this role:
A business-related BTEC HND or degree will be useful but in this occupation your track record and experience will be most important of all.
If you are looking to study then qualification from Chartered Institute of Marketing, the Institute of Sales and Marketing Management (ISMM) and the Managing and Marketing Sales Association (MAMSA) are what you need. If you’re looking to be a specialist sales professional then degrees in your relevant field will greatly help, such as IT, Pharmaceuticals, Engineering etc.
As the Sales Manager of a medium sized company you could expect a salary of between £25,000 and £55,000 but with commission and performance bonus. Top salaries can easily exceed £70k.
Iqra Khan | Strike- Jobs Journalist | 12.12.2013
Applying For Sales Manager Jobs
Interested in Sales Manager Jobs? Apply for the latest Sales Manager Jobs and Vacancies on Strike-Jobs.co.uk
See all our Sales Jobs on Strike-Jobs.co.uk