Search and Apply for Dietitian Jobs in London. Find Dietitian Jobs in London. Dietitians promote good dietary health and treat medical conditions by devising eating plans for patients based on the science of nutrition. See our Dietitian Jobs Description before you Apply for Dietitian Jobs in London.
Dietitian Job Responsibilities: What does a Dietitian Nurse do?
Providing health advice and promoting healthy eating;
- Helping people come to terms with their illnesses;
- Advising about special diets and writing & keeping reports;
- Lecturing & Educating health professionals and the public about nutrition;
- Establishing and addressing key health needs;
- Helping to facilitate dietary changes;
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team/supporting the work of other health care professionals.
Dietitian Job Qualifications and Training Required
- A good honours degree in nutrition or dietetics, or alternatively a life sciences degree that incorporates human physiology and biochemistry.
- An appropriate postgraduate qualification is required for candidates without a first degree in nutrition or dietetics. Employers may also require specific science A levels.
Dietitian Job Key Skills
- Dietitians need to possess a mature, confident and caring manner.
- The ability to interact well with people from a wide range of backgrounds, together with good interpersonal and communication skills are essential – as is an understanding of biochemistry/human physiology.
- Relevant experience is not normally needed, although postgraduate course providers may require some knowledge of the profession