Search and Apply for Paediatric nurse Jobs in London. Paediatric nurses assess provide nursing care for children who are suffering from a range of conditions including diseases, illnesses and cancer. See our Paediatric Nurse Job Description before you Apply Paediatric Nurse Jobs in London.
- Providing care
- Monitoring and administering medication, injections, blood transfusions and intravenous infusions
- Treating wounds, dealing with emergencies
- Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- Checking patients’ conditions and monitoring functions such as respiration
- Supervising junior staff, tutoring student nurses
- Obtaining parental consent for treatment
- Keeping and writing reports
Paediatric Nurse Job Qualifications and Training Required
- A two-year Diploma in Dental Hygiene or a three-year Oral Health Science degree along with General Dental Council (GDC) registration
- Previous experience gained working as a dental nurse or a dental surgery assistant is usually required prior to entry onto training courses.
Paediatric Nurse Job Key Skills
- Good eyesight and manual dexterity skills are essential,
- Having a friendly, confident and caring manner is important, as is the possession of appropriate personal characteristics such
- Effective interpersonal, communication, teamwork and listening skills.