Search and Apply for Paramedic Jobs in London. Find Paramedic Jobs in London. Paramedics provide patients that have been involved in accidents, emergencies or other crises with specialist care and treatment. See our Paramedic Job Description before you Apply for Paramedic Jobs in London.
Paramedic Job Responsibilities: What does a Paramedic do?
- Responding to emergency 999 calls, driving and staffing ambulances and other emergency vehicles
- Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment and making diagnoses
- Monitoring and administering medication/pain relief and intravenous infusions
- Reading ECG
- Transporting patients to hospital
- Providing hospital staff with patient information including condition and treatment
- Helping provide patient care in hospitals and other medical facilities
- Teaching and training members of the public to use first aid techniques correctly.
Paramedic Job Qualifications and Training Required
- You will need to either take a job as a student paramedic with an ambulance service trust or study for an approved paramedic science course.
- An appropriate postgraduate qualification is required for candidates without a first degree in nutrition or dietetics.
Paramedic Job Key Skills
- A caring and outgoing personality
- Good communication skills
- The ability to make swift decisions and stay calm
- A good level of physical fitness
- Navigational skills
- Resilience and stamina