Curators are content specialists that are charged with the responsibility of looking after a collection of objects often with detailed knowledge on the items and subject. Usually working in museums or galleries depending on the size of the organization will be the main person in charge or one of many involved in fundraising, promoting, event management, acquiring, researching and interpreting of collection as well as building security and management.
- Acquisition and cataloguing of collections
- Authentication, conserving and restoration of collection
- Administration and supervision of support staff
- Dealing with enquiries
- Organizing exhibition either onsite or offsite
- Developing a relationship with specialists, exhibitors, other professionals and clients
- Experience in Event/Exhibition managing
- Customer service focus
- An active learner on latest developments in specialized field.
- Strong communicational and comprehensive skills
- Multilingual but not essential
- Good problem solving skills
- A degree or demonstratable educated on a related subject